Rockefeller Center Ice-Skating Rink Opens Nov. 6, Here's What You Need to Know
The iconic ice-skating rink at Rockefeller Center will open Nov. 6, and tickets are on sale now.
Get can’t-miss family activities sent to you!
Get the Best Family Activities
How much does ice-skating at the Rink at Rockefeller Center cost?
Exact ticket prices for Rockefeller ice skating vary depending on the date and time you choose to go. Tickets must be purchased to gain entrance to the Rink, and guests are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets in advance to guarantee skate time. Tickets are currently on sale online.
General Admission tickets are:
- $20-$54 for anyone ages 6 and older
- $8-$22 for children ages 5 and younger
- Free for non-skating chaperones of children. Must be combined with a child ticket. Limit 1 per order. (Children ages 6 and younger must be accompanied by an adult on the ice, while children ages 6-12 must be supervised.)
In addition to General Admission, the Rink at Rockefeller Center is offering:
- Seasonal Memberships: Ranging in price from $400-$500, memberships give pass holders unlimited access to the Rink.
- Private Skating Lessons: Guests can sign up for a 30-minute skating lesson at Rock Center’s ice rink. Lessons range from $60-$120. Private lessons are an extra fee on top of skate rentals and rink admission.
- Skate School: On select Saturdays during the Rinks 2021 season, guests can sign up for a 30-minute session covering basic ice-skating skills. Then they’ll have access to public skating after the lesson is over. Skate School is $50, and includes skate rental.
How long are public skating sessions at the Rock Center rink?
Public skating sessions are for 1 hour.
How much are ice-skate rentals at Rockefeller Center?
Skates are available to rent for $10, though guests are welcome to bring their own skates.
Do I need to show proof of COVID vaccination to skate at Rockefeller Center?
Because the Rink is an outdoor venue, proof of vaccination is not required. All guests ages 2 and older, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a face mask at all times when indoors (skating is outdoors, but all guests are admitted through the indoor skate house). Guests may remove masks once they’re outside while skating.
Are there lockers available to rent for my bags and shoes?
Day lockers to use during skating sessions are available for free.
Is the Rockefeller Center ice-skating accessible?
The Rink at Rockefeller Center is ADA-compliant, and guests in wheelchairs are invited to participate on the ice (staff assistance is available if needed).
Where is the Rockefeller Center ice-skating rink located?
How do I get to the Rink at Rockefeller Center?
The closest subway stop is 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center on the BDFM (it has an elevator, making it a great stop for families with strollers!), though the 5 Avenue-53 St E stop and 49 St station on the NRW are just a few blocks away.
Main image from the 2019 skating season, courtesy Tishman Speyer