NYMetroParents, the parenting division of Schneps Media, publishes eight regional print magazines around the greater New York City metro region, as well as the website nymetroparents.com.Read more...
33-16 79th St.Jackson Heights, NY 718-335-6363
Cultivating Success in Every Child
The Value of a Garden School Education
We believe that an exceptional education is a right, not a privilege. We provide an excellent academic choice that offers a realistic option for families in the New York metropolitan area. Talk to us about our unique approach and the value we provide for both students and parents.
Small by Design
Students thrive in small classrooms because they receive a greater degree of individual attention. That’s the key advantage of private school education: higher academic standards combined with an environment conducive to scholastic excellence.
Learning is Personal
At Garden School, we know personalized attention helps realize academic potential. We believe in recognizing students for who they are, and in cultivating their unique identity to better awaken intellectual curiosity and inspire independent thinking. The right education makes a difference not only in grades and test scores; it makes a difference for life.
We are Diversity
Garden School is situated in the center of the most diverse community in the United States,
in the most diverse borough in New York City. Our student body reflects our surroundings and
encourages a healthy and constructive cultural exchange based on cooperation, collaboration
and mutual understanding.
Families as Partners
Almost 100 years ago, Garden School was founded by a local group of parents seeking a superior academic education for their children. In that tradition, parents remain integral to Garden School’s success in bringing the mission of the school to life. The more collaborative we are, the more cohesive and authentic our students’ education will be.
Lower Division (Nursery – grade 6)
• one class per grade
• 2 class teachers in nursery to kindergarten
• full-time registered nurse
• hands-on math, science & robotics
• 2 world languages, French & Mandarin
• art, music classes & theater productions
• computer & chess classes
• strong P.E. program & league athletics
• debate teams & afterschool enrichment
• educational field trips
• conferences & academic reports
Upper Division (grade 7–12)
• college counseling with 99%+ acceptance
• 7 advanced placement courses
• 2 world languages, French or Spanish
• choice of high school elective courses
• robotics & 3-D printing
• model U.N. & debate teams
• 7 interscholastic varsity sports for boys & girls
• international and domestic educational travel
• student council & key club
• leadership and community service options
• grades and assignments available online
Meet the Director
Dr. Richard Marotta Ph.D., or "Doc", as he is affectionately known in school, has been headmaster of Garden School for more than 25 years. That's more than ¼ of the school's 94 year history! As well as managing the school and ensuring the safety and excellent education of more than 500 students in nursery to grade 12, Doc is very accessible and frequently in the hallways greeting everyone, sitting in classes and learning alongside the students. Doc also teaches AP English and French literature courses at Garden and he is an adjunct professor at Queens College CUNY.